The Kern River Valley Art Association is a private, 501 (c3) non-profit, public benefit organization. We are dedicated to supporting Artists and Crafters in our community. KRVAA depends on volunteers for its operation. We are always in need of new volunteers, so please let us know if you would like to help.
Further, KRVAA supports not only visual art, but also music, drama, dance, and literature. There are also murals throughout our Kern River Valley. Therefore we have an active Public Art Program to celebrate public art in our valley.
Our web site is a vehicle for artists to show their work to the public. Please check out our Artists page and our schedule of public art displays every month. Our artist’s works are for sale and they very much appreciate your business. Shop local and support our community’s artists and crafters.
The KRVAA is made up of talented Artists and Crafters. They are dedicated to their work. Established in 1962, we at KRVAA are celebrating our 55th year of service to our community as of 2017.
The Kern River Valley is located in the Southern Sierra Nevada mountains. It’s a four seasons resort community. We have conducted The Sierra Arts & Crafts Festival for 51 years now, on both Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
The 7,000′ peaks that surround the valley are a constant inspiration to our community. The white waters and craggy cliffs of the Kern River and the towering mountains cradling Lake Isabella are a constant inspiration to the creativity that abounds in this valley. Check out our annual festivals attended by thousands of arts and crafts enthusiasts, artists, crafters and vendors.
KRVAA 2017 Board of Directors:
- President: (and Festivals contact) Teri Vellutini: ~ email: email@example.com
- 1st Vice-President: Teri Vellutini: ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd Vice-President: Jim Coe: ~ email: email@example.com
- Treasurer: Teri Vellutini: ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Vacant: (a volunteer is needed)
KRVAA 2017 Chairpersons:
- Curating Chair: Patricia Moitra: ~ email: email@example.com
- Education Chair: Kelly McLane
- Emerging Artists Program Chair: Patricia Moitra: ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality Chair: Vacant: (a volunteer is needed)
- Membership Chair: Melody Lindley: ~ email: email@example.com
- Outreach Chair: Melody Lindley: ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programs Chair: Emily Diggles: ~ email: email@example.com
- Publicity Chair: Doug Schanzenbach: ~ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webmaster: Jim Coe: ~ email: email@example.com
You may volunteer, send a message, comment or feedback note to our 2nd Vice-President and Webmaster from our Contact Page: